server variables.

sisko
Hi I have configured an application to use shibboleth.  I was wondering if anyone knows why the released attributes would have REDIRECT_ prepended to the name?

thanks
art

--
Aterea Brown, AUT University
Cybersecurity, ICT

RE: server variables.

Nate Klingenstein-5
RE: server variables.

Art,

It depends on the language you're using and, in this case, the HTTP METHOD.  The web server attaches those automatically.  See for comparison:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SP3/IIS#IIS-DisplayingServerVariables

That would be a different rendering of the same information with the same Shibboleth configuration.  Consult your web server's documentation(or, preferably, the Wiki) to see, or just dump all variables and find the ones you're looking for.

Take care,

Nate.

--------

The Art of Access ®

Nate Klingenstein | Principal

https://www.signet.id/

Re: server variables.

sisko
thanks for the response Nate.
I dug into the application itself and found that if the environment thought it was "development" it would prepend REDIRECT_ to the variables.
If it was production it wouldnt.

regards
Art