same exportAttributes from two DataConnectors

same exportAttributes from two DataConnectors

Martin Haase
Hi list,

I am recieving a WARN when two DataConnectors export the same attribute.
(Think of eduPersonAffiliation, with "member" from a static DC, and the
rest from an LDAP DC.)

2020-12-29 15:24:26,934 - WARN
[net.shibboleth.idp.attribute.resolver.impl.AttributeResolverImpl:548] -
Attribute Resolver 'ShibbolethAttributeResolver': could not export
attibute 'eduPersonAffiliation' from data connector 'staticAttributes'
since an attribute of that name already exists.

There's no explicit AttributeDefinition for eduPersonAffiliation in the
resolver.xml.

Is this intended behaviour? The Wiki currently tells otherwise, defining
a clash as: Data Connector exports an attribute with the same name as an
Attribute Definition.

Regards

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Haase, Solutions Engineer

DAASI International GmbH
Europaplatz 3
D-72072 Tübingen
Germany

phone: +49 7071 407109-0
fax:   +49 7071 407109-9
email: [hidden email]
web:   www.daasi.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tübingen
Geschäftsleitung: Peter Gietz

Re: same exportAttributes from two DataConnectors

Cantor, Scott E.
On 12/29/20, 10:05 AM, "users on behalf of Martin Haase" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

>    Is this intended behaviour? The Wiki currently tells otherwise, defining
>    a clash as: Data Connector exports an attribute with the same name as an
>    Attribute Definition.

I had thought things got merged, but the constraint is identical. An exported attribute *is* an Attribute Definition, it's just xsi:type="Simple" with an identical name.

In practice you would just have to export neither and pull them both into a Simple definition, which is I guess one other continuing use case for Simple.

RE: same exportAttributes from two DataConnectors

Rod Widdowson
> I had thought things got merged,

The only thing that get merged are explicit attribute definitions.  This warning is the principal of least surprise.  It is
important now, but it was vital when we still thought that exportAll (not thoroughly deprecated) was a good idea.