httpd/tomcat 443 conflict and Unable to locate metadata for identity provider

httpd/tomcat 443 conflict and Unable to locate metadata for identity provider

renzos
Hi guys, I’m trying to deploy both an IdP and a SP on the same Centos 6.3 machine as a demo to show. I disabled SELinux security as suggested but the problems I can’t sort out are mainly 2:

1. At first I installed the IdP with both http and https Tomcat connectors, LDAP with just a test user and I succesfully see the "OK" pages at http://idp.mydomain.org:8080/idp/profile/Status and https://idp.mydomain.org/idp/profile/Status, but then when I configure the SP I have to install mod_ssl and then the port 443 conflicts with the same port 443 of tomcat, so I have to disable the tomcat one. Are there any turnarounds?

2. I've tried to create a secure directory under /var/www/html/ requesting shibboleth authorization to obtain the access but when I go to "https://sp.mydomain.org/secure" with my browser I get “Unable to locate metadata for identity provider (https://idp.mydomain.org/shibboleth)”

Both sp.mydomain.org and idp.mydomain.org point to 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts.
Hope you can help me. Thanks a lot