XMLTooling.ParselPool looking in the wrong place

XMLTooling.ParselPool looking in the wrong place

Law, Bob

We have just recompiled shibboleth and moved it to the correct machine.  We have set the environment variables SHIBSP_PREFIX, SHIBSP_XMLDIR, and SHIBSP_CFGDIR.  These were enough to get shibboleth to run before.  I am now getting the following error when checking out or trying to run shibd.  In our case, /repository/fs001/lv1/ovid/pbeb etc is not even available on our machine.  What would have caused XMLTooling to look there (it was the original compilation area) and how to I override it to use the share/xml/shibboleth that is in my install?

2009-07-29 10:25:39 ERROR XMLTooling.ParserPool : fatal error on line 0, column 0, message: An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id=/repository/fs001/lv1/ovid/pbeb/Shibboleth2.2/trunk.1316/packaging/share/xml/shibboleth/catalog.xml

2009-07-29 10:25:39 ERROR XMLTooling.ParserPool : catalog loader caught exception: XML error(s) during parsing, check log for specifics

2009-07-29 10:25:39 ERROR XMLTooling.ParserPool : error on line 6, column 45, message: Unknown element 'SPConfig'

2009-07-29 10:25:39 ERROR XMLTooling.ParserPool : error on line 6, column 45, message: Attribute 'logger' is not declared for element 'SPConfig'

2009-07-29 10:25:39 ERROR XMLTooling.ParserPool : error on line 6, column 45, message: Attribute 'clockSkew' is not declared for element 'SPConfig'

2009-07-29 10:25:39 ERROR Shibboleth.Config : error while loading configuration from (/o/r/rlaw/bld/shibboleth/etc/shibboleth/shibboleth2.xml): XML error(s) during parsing, check log for specifics

2009-07-29 10:25:39 FATAL Shibboleth.Config : caught exception while loading configuration: XML error(s) during parsing, check log for specifics

configuration is invalid, check console for specific problems

 Robert Law
Software Engineer
Wolters Kluwer Health Medical Research

Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins
Ovid Technologies
9350 South 150 East, Suite 200
Sandy, UT 84070-2702

801.304.3327 tel
801.819.2592 cell

[hidden email]
www.ovid.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email and its attachments (if any) contain confidential information of the sender. The information is intended only for the use by the direct addressees of the original sender of this email. If you are not an intended recipient of the original sender (or responsible for delivering the message to such person), you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance of the contents of and attachments to this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender at the address shown herein and permanently delete any copies of this email (digital or paper) in your possession.

RE: XMLTooling.ParselPool looking in the wrong place

Cantor, Scott E.
> We have just recompiled shibboleth and moved it to the correct machine.
We
> have set the environment variables SHIBSP_PREFIX, SHIBSP_XMLDIR, and
> SHIBSP_CFGDIR.  These were enough to get shibboleth to run before.  I am
now
> getting the following error when checking out or trying to run shibd.  In
> our case, /repository/fs001/lv1/ovid/pbeb etc is not even available on our
> machine.  What would have caused XMLTooling to look there (it was the
> original compilation area) and how to I override it to use the
> share/xml/shibboleth that is in my install?

I recommend that people NOT do this, because you will be chasing problems
until Armageddon, but you have to override the default schema catalog path.
Check shibsp/paths.h and you'll see the default path and should be able to
construct the one you need for your system by altering the directories.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPEnvironment

SHIBSP_SCHEMAS

There's also an Apache command to specify it to the module and commane line
option for shibd.

Law, Robert wrote on 2009-07-29:
> Where can I read about the Apache command to specify it to the module.

The code, it's undocumented to date. It's ShibCatalogs.

RE: XMLTooling.ParselPool looking in the wrong place

Law, Bob
So does it go in the apache22.config file and is:

ShibCatalogs path:path:path
?

Robert Law
Software Engineer
Wolters Kluwer Health Medical Research
801.304.3327 tel
[hidden email]
www.ovid.com

> Where can I read about the Apache command to specify it to the module.

The code, it's undocumented to date. It's ShibCatalogs.

RE: XMLTooling.ParselPool looking in the wrong place

Cantor, Scott E.
Law, Robert wrote on 2009-07-29:
> So does it go in the apache22.config file and is:
>
> ShibCatalogs path:path:path

I can't say for certain where it goes, that depends on the system. If you're
place.

-- Scott