Weblogic IDP Install

Jon Stockdill
I am trying to configure weblogic 9.2 properly for the endorsed libs.
I setup the XML registry as defined in:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPWeblogicPrepare

and I also tried defining:
Document Builder Factory: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

which is not listed in the Wiki instructions.

and setting the When To Cache setting to cache-never.

I've added the libs to the $JAVA_HOME/lib/ext directory.

I set the exampleServer to use the XML registry, restarted and still
get the dreaded exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve
'xt:DEFAULT' as a QName: the prefix 'xt' is not declared.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.Util.toSAXParseException(Util.java:109)

I am not sure what is missing.

I was also able to get the app to work by adding this WEB-INF/weblogic.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<weblogic-web-app
xmlns="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90
                    http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90/weblogic-web-app.xsd">

   <container-descriptor>
      <prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>
   </container-descriptor>
</weblogic-web-app>

as described in http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs92/programming/classloading.html

I added the endorsed libs to WEB-INF/lib/endorsed too.

Is this a safe way to endorse the libs?

Thanks,

--jon

Re: Weblogic IDP Install

Chad La Joie
I simply copy the weblogic instructions from some one who gave them to
us.  It's up the deployer to know how their Servlet container works.  I
personally know next to nothing abot WebLogic.  If you're using it
though you should be able to answer the question about whether this is
the proper way to endorse libraries within that container.