User Agent (web browser) stuck at /Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST

User Agent (web browser) stuck at /Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST

shsam
This post was updated on .
* I start the shib session by accessing a protected resource (say
https://mysite.com/secure) at Shibboleth Service Provider from a web browser
* That took me to IdP login and i logged in with my credentials
* However after login, the browser does a form post to
/Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST but that doesn't respond.... i waited for more
than 10 minutes and it timed out.

Any insight on why it was stuck at /Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST ?

--
Sent from: https://shibboleth.1660669.n2.nabble.com/Shibboleth-Developers-f1660781.html

Re: User Agent (web browser) stuck at /Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST

shsam
The Shibboleth Service Provider sits on Windows IIS web server.. And i'm
unable to find any useful shib logs or windows logs related to whats going
on with Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST

--
Sent from: https://shibboleth.1660669.n2.nabble.com/Shibboleth-Developers-f1660781.html

RE: User Agent (web browser) atuck at /Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST

Nate Klingenstein-5
RE: User Agent (web browser) atuck at /Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST

shsam,

> Any insight on why it was stuck at /Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST ?

This question is appropriate for the users' list rather than the developers' list, but it sounds like you're simply hitting a firewall somewhere and your client isn't timing out, unless other traffic can get to other HTTP resources or you can demonstrate that the packets are getting through.  That's the first landing point when you access to the SP with an assertion.

Take care,

Nate.