Upgrading to 3.4.6

Pablo Vidaurri
I'm planning on staging my upgrade to 3.4.6 by copying my current idp.home directory to idp.home.v346 and run the upgrade script using idp.home.v346 as the installation directory. Then when I'm ready just mv idp.home.v346 directory to idp.home.

Any issues with doing that? I just want to make sure the install.sh script does not use the path passed in for "Installation Directory" for anything other than to copy the new files to.

Thanks.
-psv

RE: Upgrading to 3.4.6

Wessel, Keith William

One better, use a symlink to point to the current version. When you upgrade, just repoint the symlink.

Keith

Re: Upgrading to 3.4.6

Cantor, Scott E.
On 11/7/19, 3:08 PM, "users on behalf of Wessel, Keith" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

> One better, use a symlink to point to the current version. When you upgrade, just repoint the symlink.

Other than making sure there's a backup (which the installer creates, but you really should have it all tracked by source control anyway...), eventually there really isn't any need to do anything unusual.

> I just want to make sure the install.sh script does not use the path passed in for "Installation Directory" for anything
> other than to copy the new files to.

Not at present, but that's not how the process is documented, so that's not a guaranteed assumption. It doesn't want to know a made up directory name you just created, it wants to know where it was installed and will be run from. You should assume that you need to give it that value. We will not know to point out that something we didn't explicitly support suddenly doesn't work anymore. This has happened on numerous occasions with the webapp tree and other aspects of the installation process.