Terracotta implementation question....

Moni Patil

A question…

1. Are there any details on how Shibboleth implements Terracotta? Also, what method/pattern of integration is used?

2. Why could it not be implemented via Terracotta Session Replication solution i.e. by using just the following config:

<application>
    <dso>
      <web-applications>
        <web-application>your_web_app1</web-application>
        <web-application>your_web_app2</web-application>
      </web-applications>
    </dso>
   </application>

Thanks,

Moni Patil

Re: Terracotta implementation question....

Taylor Gautier
I'll let the people that put it together provide more details, but I believe the Shibboleth integration is clustering a hashmap.  Shibboleth doesn't make use of HTTP session sharing, so the config you listed below would be inneffictive at clustering the shared Shibboleth state.

RE: Terracotta implementation question....

Moni Patil

Thanks. A little more in-depth detail would help. I am trying to understand as I learn more about Terracotta.

Also, what do you mean when you say “HTTP session sharing”?

Thanks,

Moni Patil