Shibboleth platform survey

Cantor, Scott E.
If you have a moment, have wiki access, and are willing to publically divulge (*) the information, please consider responding to the polls on IdP and SP platform usage at:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/DEV/Platform+Survey

We're interested in gathering some data on OS usage so we can make more informed decisions about packaging and support. There's no particular deadline, but end of year would be helpful.

-- Scott

(*) The poll option in Confluence is unfortunately one that allows the votes and the voters to be displayed, so it's not secret and will be viewable by others, so if that's a concern be advised.

Re: Shibboleth platform survey

Hassenpflug Gernot
"Cantor, Scott" <[hidden email]> writes:

> If you have a moment, have wiki access, and are willing to publically
> divulge (*) the information, please consider responding to the polls
> on IdP and SP platform usage at:
>
> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/DEV/Platform+Survey
/../
How to participate? Visiting page, there's no obvious way to submit a
vote or write in any column, only view details.
First need to create an account, after which submission becomes possible?
Gernot Hassenpflug
--
Asahi Net, Inc.
Tokyo, Japan

Re: Shibboleth platform survey

IAM David Bantz
You must log in to participate; then you will see check boxes by choices.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 4:24 PM Gernot Hassenpflug <[hidden email]> wrote:
"Cantor, Scott" <[hidden email]> writes:

> If you have a moment, have wiki access, and are willing to publically
> divulge (*) the information, please consider responding to the polls
> on IdP and SP platform usage at:
>
> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/DEV/Platform+Survey
/../
How to participate? Visiting page, there's no obvious way to submit a
vote or write in any column, only view details.
First need to create an account, after which submission becomes possible?
Gernot Hassenpflug
--
Asahi Net, Inc.
Tokyo, Japan

Re: Shibboleth platform survey

Hassenpflug Gernot
IAM David Bantz <[hidden email]>
writes:

> You must log in to participate; then you will see check boxes by choices.

OK. Tried to Log In, got to the login page. As I work for a company that
only wants to use Shibboleth for free unfortunately, I see I need to
create a United ID  account.
Too bad United ID seems to be broken. Selecting it as IdP goes to a page to
login but no account creation.
Clicking on the United ID link on the login page fails to bring up any
site.
If this is something the Shibboleth team has control over, please look
into it. If not, that's too bad I guess, unless there is an alternative
way to register.
Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug
--
Asahi Net, Inc.
Tokyo, Japan

On 12/2/19, 8:53 PM, "users on behalf of Gernot Hassenpflug" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

> Too bad United ID seems to be broken. Selecting it as IdP goes to a page to
> login but no account creation.

They broke the root of the site, but going to app.unitedid.org works. I'll have to update the link on the discovery page.

> If this is something the Shibboleth team has control over, please look into it.

None.

Re: Shibboleth platform survey

Hassenpflug Gernot
"Cantor, Scott" <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 12/2/19, 8:53 PM, "users on behalf of Gernot Hassenpflug"
> <[hidden email] on behalf of
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Too bad United ID seems to be broken. Selecting it as IdP goes to a page to
>> login but no account creation.

Thanks. Could create account.
But cannot use account to log into a provider without first setting a
security token. Massive fail. AUTH-TOTP, AUTH-HOTP, YubiKey, Google
Authenticator, none of which I can use.

> They broke the root of the site, but going to app.unitedid.org
> works. I'll have to update the link on the discovery page.
>
>> If this is something the Shibboleth team has control over, please look into it.
>
> None.

OK.

I guess I'll pass this time. Just for your info, IdP and SP both on CentOS.
--
Asahi Net, Inc.
Tokyo, Japan

Re: Shibboleth platform survey

Peter Schober
* Gernot Hassenpflug <[hidden email]> [2019-12-03 04:56]:
> But cannot use account to log into a provider without first setting a
> security token. Massive fail. AUTH-TOTP, AUTH-HOTP, YubiKey, Google
> Authenticator, none of which I can use.

While this may not suit your particular needs that's not a "fail",
requiring strong authentcation was part of the design of that
particular service (which btw has no relation to the Shib project and
specifically was not created by or for the Shib project).

The public website's content can be accessed from the Internet Archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190126021514/http://unitedid.org/