Shibboleth SP library update (xmltooling v1.5.6)

Shibboleth SP library update (xmltooling v1.5.6)

Cantor, Scott E.
An issue preventing use of PKIX validation of metadata or SAML messages when CRLs were used cropped up on newer OpenSSL versions [1] so an updated version of xmltooling (V1.5.6) has been produced to correct the bug. The bug caused a false negative (validation failed when it should succeed).

The source [2] and RPMs are now available.

A Windows service release of the SP (V2.5.5.1) will be published tomorrow to make the fixed library available. We have more testing to do before releasing it since this is the first service release done with the four-digit versioning we borrowed from the IdP installer.

Re: Shibboleth SP library update (xmltooling v1.5.6)

Cantor, Scott E.
Links added.

[1] https://issues.shibboleth.net/jira/browse/CPPXT-105
[2] https://shibboleth.net/downloads/c++-opensaml/2.5.5/