Shibboleth Identity Provider V4.0.1 now available

Shibboleth Identity Provider V4.0.1 now available

Cantor, Scott E.
The first patch release for the V4 Identity Provider is now available. [1]

It corrects a few minor issues [2] and adds back some LDAP features that were lost due to the transition but identified by Consortium Members as important. As such there are a few exceptions to our versioning policy introducing what are technically new features and configuration syntax, denoted in the wiki in the usual fashion.

The most significant issue is a correction to our Windows embedded Jetty configuration that was breaking on wildcard or multi-SAN certificates, and this necessitated an update and some changes to the documented example module for deploying backchannel use of SOAP on an alternate port. The Jetty 9.4 [3] page is updated with the new information for those who make use of this module and would like to stay current.

-- Scott

[1] https://shibboleth.net/downloads/identity-provider/4.0.1/
[2] https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP4/ReleaseNotes
[3] https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP4/Jetty94