Shibboleth Identity Provider V4.0.0-beta1 available

Shibboleth Identity Provider V4.0.0-beta1 available

Cantor, Scott E.
The Shibboleth Project is pleased to announce the availability of the first beta release of the V4.0.0 Identity Provider software. It is now available from the download site in the usual form factors [1]. One small adjustment is that we don't believe a 32-bit Windows installer is necessary at this point so have provisionally removed it going forward.

Release notes [2] are available in the wiki with links to the critical materal on installation and updated system requirements, which are substantially revised for this version (e.g., Java 11 and only very new container versions are supported).

Documentation work is ongoing and we will address issues with it as they arise or people find and report inaccuracies.

Note that third party plugins will absolutely need to be updated to be compatible with this release due to various low level API changes.

A final note: we should be an updated 2.0.0-beta1 release of the OIDC extension available shortly following this release, likely this week, and will announce it separately. We expect to be able to deliver the final release of that along with the eventual IdP release at the same time.

-- Scott

[1] https://shibboleth.net/downloads/identity-provider/4.0.0-beta1/
[2] https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP4/ReleaseNotes