Shibboleth IdP 2.1.2

Chad La Joie
Shibboleth IdP version 2.1.2 is now available for download from the
normal location (shibboleth.internet2.edu)

The main focus of this release was to great improve the memory usage of
the IdP.  Most sites should see somewhere between a 60-70% decrease in
the amount of memory used by the IdP when sitting idle.  There should
also be a small decrease of the amount memory consumed per user session,
but it's likely to be unnoticeable unless you're paying very close
attention.  Additionally this release has a couple minor bug fixes and a
helper JSP has been added to the IdP will serve up its metadata if you
make a request to its entity ID (assuming the entityID created by the
installer is used and the default Servlet context name is used per the
installation instructions).

IdP 2.1.2 release notes:
http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view/java-idp/tags/2.1.2/doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt?revision=2826&view=markup

shib-common 1.1.2 release notes:
http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view/java-shib-common/tags/1.1.2/doc/RELEASE-NOTES.txt?revision=827&view=markup
--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities
[hidden email], http://www.switch.ch

Re: Shibboleth IdP 2.1.2

Chad La Joie
There was a small bug resulting from a library version bump that, for
some reason, didn't get caught by my testing.  I've done a rebuild of
the IdP that fixes this.  If you've pulled the IdP before now please
download this rebuild.