Sample Application for Shibboleth login - Urgent

Sample Application for Shibboleth login - Urgent

sai_code
Hi All,

I install shibboleth 2 SP and testing with TestShib IDP.

while testing application with testshib after login in IDP i want to validate credentials with our server database which is sql server 2005.

so it would be in testshib login page for wrong credentials validattion in our db.

Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Thanks in Advance
Sai

Re: Sample Application for Shibboleth login - Urgent

Chad La Joie
If you're an SP you never get to see the user's credentials.  That's
part of the point of the whole federated identity management.  All you
ever get is the SAML assertion, from the IdP, telling you that it has
successfully authenticated the user (the assertion MAY also contain
attributes about the user).

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities
[hidden email], http://www.switch.ch

Re: Re: Sample Application for Shibboleth login - Urgent

sai_code
yes. In Our server we setup Shibboleth SP.As you said IDP will validate user credentials and it returns UserID not all credentials passed.based on credential of UserID returned from IDP we have to validate this user to access destination site selected from list.

Ex. You can visit following link that we have for testing.(Not yet set Original links)

http://dm-ind-dev01.datamonitor.com/shibboleth/.

Here we have several Destination sites in list to visit and some example institutes we assign for now. After clicking on institute it is redirecting to Testshib site and return back to the our page with information of user.

1. Here after setting up(Not yet setup now) original institutes IDP's shaall we get destination site from IDP as selected from the Site list.?

Thanks in Advance
Sai