SVNResource error

Etienne Dysli
Hello!

I can't manage to have a working SVNResource on a 2.1.2 IdP. :(

Here's the service configuration in service.xml:
<Service id="shibboleth.AttributeResolver"
         xsi:type="attribute-resolver:ShibbolethAttributeResolver">
<ConfigurationResource xsi:type="resource:SVNResource"
  remoteResourceURI="https://[...]/attribute-resolver.xml"
  workingCopyPath="/usr/local/shibboleth-idp-2/conf/attribute-resolver.xml"
  revision="-1"
  username="xxx"
  password="xxx">
</ConfigurationResource>
</Service>

and the relevant lins of idp-process.log:
2009-01-15 17:16:21,669 - DEBUG
[org.opensaml.util.resource.ResourceChangeWatcher:121] - Watching
resource: /usr/local/shibboleth-idp-2/conf/logging.xml, polling
frequency: 600000ms, max retry attempts: 5
2009-01-15 17:16:35,911 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.OpensamlConfigBean:56]
jar:file:/srv/tomcat/webapps/idp/WEB-INF/lib/shibboleth-common-1.1.2.jar!/shibboleth-saml-ext-config.xml
2009-01-15 17:16:36,789 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.service.ServletContextAttributeExporter:84]
- Exporting bean shibboleth.SessionManager to servlet context.
2009-01-15 17:16:37,050 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.BaseReloadableService:135]
- Initializing shibboleth.AttributeResolver service with resources:
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.resource.SVNResource@d5c653]
2009-01-15 17:16:37,052 - INFO
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.BaseService:157] -
2009-01-15 17:16:37,161 - ERROR
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.resource.SVNResource:228] -
Unable to determine current status of SVN resource
[/usr/local/shibboleth-idp-2/conf/attribute-resolver.xml]
2009-01-15 17:16:37,164 - ERROR
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.BaseService:187] -
Configuration was not loaded for shibboleth.AttributeResolver service,
error creating components.  The root cause of this error was:
org.opensaml.util.resource.ResourceException: Unable to determine
current status of SVN resource
2009-01-15 17:16:37,186 - ERROR
[org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader:215] - Context
initialization failed
bean with name 'shibboleth.AttributeResolver': Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is edu.internet2.middleware.shibbolet
h.common.service.ServiceException: Configuration was not loaded for
shibboleth.AttributeResolver service, error creating components.

Anybody got it working or knows the meaning of "Unable to determine
current status of SVN resource"? Am I missing some assumption in the
configuration?

Regards,
  Etienne

Re: SVNResource error

Chad La Joie
Well, just a quick glance, a revision of "-1" would be invalid.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities
[hidden email], http://www.switch.ch

Re: SVNResource error

Etienne Dysli
Chad La Joie wrote:
> Well, just a quick glance, a revision of "-1" would be invalid.

Hmm that's what is documented in SVNResource.java (from the REL_2 branch):

> /**
>  * Constructor.
>  *
>  * @param remote URL of the remote resource
>  * @param local file path to where the local working copy will be kept
>  * @param revision revision of the resource to retrieve or -1 for HEAD revision
>  * @param username username used to authenticate to the remote server
>  * @param password password used to authenticate to the remote server
>  */
> public SVNResource(String remote, String local, long revision, String username, String password)
How can I get the HEAD revision then?

Couldn't get svnkit to spit some log messages either... (with
https://wiki.svnkit.com/Troubleshooting).

  Etienne