Re: log4shib std::bad_cast 's on AIX

shibboleth-users-list
Hi all,

I'd only like to give you an update regarding shib-crashes on AIX. It now seems to be working reliably.

You can find my notes here (it's still work in progress):

https://fernau.ch/home/chris/sysdev/BSP-SSO/GccAix
https://fernau.ch/home/chris/sysdev/BSP-SSO/ShibbolethAIX

In a nutshell: all the open-source software (gcc, libraries, etc.) in /opt/freeware/ is bug infested ancient rubbish (aka IBM AIX toolbox).

Cheers,
Chris

RE: log4shib std::bad_cast 's on AIX

Cantor, Scott E.
[hidden email] wrote on 2009-01-12:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd only like to give you an update regarding shib-crashes on AIX. It now
> seems to be working reliably.
>
> You can find my notes here (it's still work in progress):
>
> https://fernau.ch/home/chris/sysdev/BSP-SSO/GccAix
> https://fernau.ch/home/chris/sysdev/BSP-SSO/ShibbolethAIX
>
> In a nutshell: all the open-source software (gcc, libraries, etc.) in
> /opt/freeware/ is bug infested ancient rubbish (aka IBM AIX toolbox).

While this isn't terribly surprising, I did want to note that my general philosophy is to suggest using the native system compiler when possible, as that tends to coexist better.

This may or may not be possible with AIX, and I know autotools and AIX don't like each other.

With respect to patches, if you have xml-security patches to supply, you can send them to the [hidden email] list or file bugs there. I have commit access and can apply them.

-- Scott