Re: DS Development Opportunity

Chad La Joie
Just wanted to ping people on this.  I haven't heard anything, but a lot
of people may have been getting ready for, or been on, holidays.  Is
there any interest in this?

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities
[hidden email], http://www.switch.ch

Re: DS Development Opportunity

Franck Borel-3
Hi Chad,

I think people who are in the shibboleth mailing list are not that
kind of type with CHI background. Perhaps you should place your
request somewhere else.

I have some contacts to people who are CHI-able. If you like I can
forward your request to them.

-- Franck

Am 14.01.2009 um 07:43 schrieb Chad La Joie:

> Just wanted to ping people on this.  I haven't heard anything, but a
> lot
> of people may have been getting ready for, or been on, holidays.  Is
> there any interest in this?
>
> Chad La Joie wrote:
>> We have a development opportunity related to the Discovery Service,
>> if
>> there is some person, or group, who is interested in helping out with
>> Shibboleth.
>>
>> The Discovery Service has proven to be about the best interface for
>> declaring a person's home organization.  However the current
>> default UI
>> is a bit rough from a usability perspective.  So, we'd like to give
>> it a
>> face lift.
>>
>> So far, the following ideas have been floated within the core team:
>> - Clean up the HTML and make it strict XHTML with formatting moved
>> appropriately to CSS
>> - Search as you type functionality in the IdP search box
>> - Ensuring the DS page meets various accessibility standards (W3
>> WAI, US
>> Section 508, etc.)
>> - Proper Internationalization support
>>
>> We are looking for people with a really good CHI background.  Being a
>> skilled programmer is NOT a requirement, we can help with the code.
>> We'd also like proper usability testing of whatever UI design is
>> settled
>> upon.
>>
>> So, if you're interested either reply to this email on-list or send
>> me a
>> note directly.  If you know of people who might be interested, but
>> probably aren't on this list, just forward the mail along to them.
>>

> --
> SWITCH
> Serving Swiss Universities
> --------------------------
> Chad La Joie, Software Engineer, Net Services
> Werdstrasse 2, P.O. Box, 8021 Zürich, Switzerland
> phone +41 44 268 15 75, fax +41 44 268 15 68
> [hidden email], http://www.switch.ch

Re: DS Development Opportunity

Chad La Joie
Yeah, I figured most of the people on the list weren't CHI people.
Thats why I said if people knew CHI folks that might be interested they
should feel free to forward the email on.  I was thinking something like
this could even be a project for a student in a CHI program.