Populate PHP_AUTH_PW var

Antonio Guerrisi
Hi all,

I have successfully configured a Shibboleth Infrastructure in a local VM's network.
SP complete a login step and populate correctly $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] var.

Is it possible to configure Shibboleth in order to populate $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] var simulating a real Http Auth?

--
Antonio Guerrisi - [hidden email]

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
Via Carlo Torri Tarelli 19 - 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 6070 222

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.

Re: Populate PHP_AUTH_PW var

Peter Schober
* Antonio Guerrisi <[hidden email]> [2011-03-18 20:49]:
> Is it possible to configure Shibboleth in order to populate
> $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] var simulating a real Http Auth?

No.

Re: Populate PHP_AUTH_PW var

lajoie
Administrator
You can configure the attribute map to populate whichever HTTP
headers/variables you want.  I believe the only naming restriction is
that you can not overwrite headers defined in the HTTP standard (e.g.,
Location)

On 3/18/11 3:48 PM, Antonio Guerrisi wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have successfully configured a Shibboleth Infrastructure in a local VM's network.
> SP complete a login step and populate correctly $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] var.
>

> Is it possible to configure Shibboleth in order to populate $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] var simulating a real Http Auth?

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz
trusted identities, delivered

Re: Populate PHP_AUTH_PW var

Peter Schober
* Chad La Joie <[hidden email]> [2011-03-18 20:51]:
> You can configure the attribute map to populate whichever HTTP
> headers/variables you want.  I believe the only naming restriction is
> that you can not overwrite headers defined in the HTTP standard (e.g.,
> Location)

Well, you can map all you want at the SP, but unless some IdP actually
releases a user's password as an attribute (?!!) there will be no use
for variables like "PHP_AUTH_PW". And the OP should better forget
about this ASAP. Hence my admittedly slightly shortened previous answer ;)

* Chad La Joie <[hidden email]> [2011-03-18 20:51]:
> You can configure the attribute map to populate whichever HTTP
> headers/variables you want.  I believe the only naming restriction is
> that you can not overwrite headers defined in the HTTP standard (e.g.,
> Location)

Well, you can map all you want at the SP, but unless some IdP actually
releases a user's password as an attribute (?!!) there will be no use
for variables like "PHP_AUTH_PW". And the OP should better forget
about this ASAP. Hence my admittedly slightly shortened previous answer ;)
-peter