One IdP in front of multiple ldap directories in different security domains

One IdP in front of multiple ldap directories in different security domains

SaaS_Developer
Although this isn't the common or even right model for Shibboleth, I wanted to know if one IdP could be used to handle requests for authentication from users in different campus directories. This is an interest of ours because 3rd party vendors are indicating that they can only integrate with a single Shibboleth IdP, despite the fact that we have multiple ldap directories to serve different user communities.