Not able to register a SP entityID starting with urn:

Not able to register a SP entityID starting with urn:

dhina
I am trying to register a SP in Federation manager and not able to do so
because of the entityID format.
The entityID starts with urn:XXXX:....
Federation manager expects in the format of URL.
Is there any way to register that SP with the given entityID?

Thanks,
-Dhina

--
Sent from: https://shibboleth.1660669.n2.nabble.com/Shibboleth-Users-f1660767.html

Re: Not able to register a SP entityID starting with urn:

Peter Schober
* dhina <[hidden email]> [2020-01-23 15:14]:
> I am trying to register a SP in Federation manager and not able to do so
> because of the entityID format.
> The entityID starts with urn:XXXX:....
> Federation manager expects in the format of URL.

You should be writing this to some InCommon support address, not the
Shibboleth (software) users' mailing list.

> Is there any way to register that SP with the given entityID?

Why would a new entity (I'm assuming it's new since you want to
register it in a federation, likely for the first time) insist on URN
naming?
Is that SP already in established use (and where) with that entityID?
That would make a sensible argument to allow registration in a
federation without having to change the SP's entityID (since URNs are
spec-valid). Either way, that's a policy decicion for the federation
you're trying to register with to make, here InCommon.

You could register it in /another/ federation and have them it to
eduGAIN from there, that way you'll be getting it into InCommon,
too. :)