How do I use. Some documentation is available?

How do I use. Some documentation is available?

K, Amit (MIND)

Dear Team,

I want  to know:

1.       How do I use Shibboleth? Is it installable or have to build at local and deploy?

2.       Any GIT repo and documentation available?

Best Regards,

Amit

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus/trojan/worms/malicious code transmitted by this email. www.motherson.com

Re: How do I use. Some documentation is available?

Alan Buxey
hi,

1.       How do I use Shibboleth? Is it installable or have to build at local and deploy?

2.       Any GIT repo and documentation available?

not sure why your access to a search engine is blocked but docs are here:

GIT repo is here:

the docs cover eg installation - there are packages for various Linux distros etc...windows packages too.

alan

RE: How do I use. Some documentation is available?

K, Amit (MIND)

Dear alan,

Thanks for the quick response. Appreciate.

Sorry to bother you but I have few more queries where I need support:

1.       Can I use Shibboleth IDP as commercial SSO provider.

2.       Can I clone the IDP server code at local and debug, build  and deploy my own? If yes, please hint the IDP server code repository.

3.       Few of our customer are using Okta, so can we replace okta with Shibboleth IDP.

4.       Is any sample SP is given to test IDP server with configuration details?

5.       How do we manage the users, their session. Is it in DB or in memory.

Thanks a lot for the support,

Amit

Re: How do I use. Some documentation is available?

Alan Buxey
hi,

1.       Can I use Shibboleth IDP as commercial SSO provider.
yes - but consider contributing to the project

2.       Can I clone the IDP server code at local and debug, build  and deploy my own? If yes, please hint the IDP server code repository.

3.       Few of our customer are using Okta, so can we replace okta with Shibboleth IDP.
probably. I dont know what you are doing with Okta or how you are using it.

4.       Is any sample SP is given to test IDP server with configuration details?
you can run up your own local one using the SP product or use one of the several public SAML testing points

5.       How do we manage the users, their session. Is it in DB or in memory.

either (as per the docs)

alan

Re: How do I use. Some documentation is available?

Alan Buxey
..and these really arent dev related questions. please use the users
mailing list

alan

RE: How do I use. Some documentation is available?

K, Amit (MIND)
Ohh... my mistake... I will keep in mind from next time.
BTW, Thanks for the support.