Class cast exception during migration from OpenSAML 2.x to OpenSAML3.x

Class cast exception during migration from OpenSAML 2.x to OpenSAML3.x

DD K
Hi all,

I came across this exception,

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.opensaml.xml.schema.impl.XSAnyBuilder cannot be cast to org.opensaml.core.xml.XMLObjectBuilder
        at org.opensaml.core.xml.config.XMLConfigurator.initializeObjectProviders(XMLConfigurator.java:238)
        at org.opensaml.core.xml.config.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:203)
        at org.opensaml.core.xml.config.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:188)
        at org.opensaml.core.xml.config.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:162)
        at org.opensaml.core.xml.config.AbstractXMLObjectProviderInitializer.init(AbstractXMLObjectProviderInitializer.java:52)
        at org.opensaml.core.xml.config.XMLObjectProviderInitializer.init(XMLObjectProviderInitializer.java:45)
        at org.opensaml.core.config.InitializationService.initialize(InitializationService.java:56)
        at org.wso2.carbon.identity.sso.saml.util.AssertionBuildingTest.getSPInitAuthReqValidatorWithInvalidClass(AssertionBuildingTest.java:240)

I have already searched the net for this error and the only thing i came across was that there is a clash between xmtooling and openws at OpenSAML2.x and OpenSAML3.x dependencies. So, what i need to know is whether this is the only cause for the exception mentioned above.

Any support/answers will be really appreciated
Thanks,
Deshan Koswatte

RE: Class cast exception during migration from OpenSAML 2.x to OpenSAML3.x

Rod Widdowson
xmtooling and openws  are no part of the OpenSAML3 stack...

Does this help?
        /R

Re: Class cast exception during migration from OpenSAML 2.x to OpenSAML3.x

DD K
Hi Rod,

I know about the fact that you’ve mentioned. The exception which was mentioned above is due to a conflict between xmltooling dependency in OpenSAML2 and the corresponding xmltooling dependency in OpenSAML3. So, what I wanted to know is whether this is the only cause which the exception would occur?

Any answers would be appreciated
Thanks

On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 7:54 PM Rod Widdowson <[hidden email]> wrote:
xmtooling and openws  are no part of the OpenSAML3 stack...

Does this help?
        /R

Re: Class cast exception during migration from OpenSAML 2.x to OpenSAML3.x

DD K
Hi All,

The problem was that there was an orbit where OpenSAML2 dependencies were coming into the project so there were conflicts with OpenSAML3. So I solved it by searching them using the command mvn dependency:tree and then excluding them on the pom file. Thanks for all the answers.

Best Regards,
Deshan Koswatte