CAS "metadata" v/s MDQ

John C. Pfeifer
I am in the process of upgrading to IdP 3.4.x and have noticed that CAS login requests are generating MDQ queries (which, of course, finds nothing).  This isn’t causing an immediate problem but I anticipate that it could be a performance issue in production if every CAS login generates an MDQ query. Is there any way to limit MDQ to SAML profiles?

//
John Pfeifer
Division of Information Technology
University of Maryland, College Park

Re: CAS "metadata" v/s MDQ

Cantor, Scott E.
On 11/20/19, 2:51 PM, "users on behalf of John C. Pfeifer" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

> I am in the process of upgrading to IdP 3.4.x and have noticed that CAS login requests are generating MDQ queries
> (which, of course, finds nothing).  This isn’t causing an immediate problem but I anticipate that it could be a
> performance issue in production if every CAS login generates an MDQ query. Is there any way to limit MDQ to SAML
> profiles?

conf/cas-protocol.xml, commented out bean enumerates the service registries to use, overrides the default set internally that includes both of them.