Attribute chaching problem

daniel rahmeh
Hi,

I have a shibboleth idp, the authentication and the attribute resolver
are based on an LDAP directory, it seems to me that there is an
attribute caching mecanism on the idp side.  Users don't get their
profiles updated when i modify them in the ldap directory. Even if the
user logout and login again he gets his old attribute values, thus i'm
forced to restart the idp in order to refresh the data.

do you have any idea about this?

Thank you a lot

Re: Attribute chaching problem

Peter Schober
* daniel rahmeh <[hidden email]> [2009-01-16 17:43]:
> Users don't get their profiles updated when i modify them in the
> ldap directory. Even if the user logout and login again he gets his
> old attribute values, thus i'm forced to restart the idp in order to
> refresh the data.

Unless that's fixed (I didn't check jira for it) the following
probably still stands:

* Chad La Joie <[hidden email]> [2008-09-21 17:30]:
> For now you need to turn off caching.  it' a bug.

cheers,

[hidden email] - vienna university computer center
Universitaetsstrasse 7, A-1010 Wien, Austria/Europe
Tel. +43-1-4277-14155, Fax. +43-1-4277-9140

Re: Attribute chaching problem

Chad La Joie
As Peter point out, this is a bug.  The latest version "fixes" it by
turning off caching by default.  The real fix will probably show up in 2.2

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities
[hidden email], http://www.switch.ch