xmlsectool 2.0.0 available

Ian Young-3

Dear colleagues,

A new stable release of xmlsectool, version 2.0.0, is available for download.

Along with the Shibboleth v2 IdP software stack on which it is based, the
previous stable release of the xmlsectool utility (1.2.0) will reach end of life
on July 31, 2016. Support and maintenance, including support for security
issues, will cease for xmlsectool 1.x on this date. We encourage all users of
xmlsectool 1.x to migrate to the new version.

xmlsectool version 2.0.0 is based on the Shibboleth v3 IdP software stack,
along with updates to many other dependencies. Although a large
number of internal changes have been made as part of the port to
the new software environment, this should be a drop-in replacement
for version 1.2.0 for most users.

Note, however, that:

* xmlsectool now requires Java 7 or later

* the Java main class has changed for this release

* the default signing digest is now SHA-256

* SHA-1 is now blacklisted by default

Full release notes are available here:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/YwJxAQ

You can download the new release from the following location:

http://shibboleth.net/downloads/tools/xmlsectool/latest/

Full documentation for version 2.0.0 can be found here:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/XSTJ2/xmlsectool+V2+Home

or

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/WgJxAQ

    -- Ian Young, Shibboleth Project