stale requests and user clock skew?

Liam Hoekenga
I'm trying to investigate a stale request issue that's following a specific user across browsers / computers / locations.

I found a really curious post on the GLUU support forum (GLUU uses the Shib IDP for SAML support) - https://support.gluu.org/single-sign-on/3926/single-sign-on-login-page-issue/

"Often something like that happens when clocks are out of sync at either/or machines where Gluu, SP and user's browser are running."

Can the time on the user's workstation affect the timestamps in a SAML conversation?  I thought it was really just about the time on the IDP and SP?

Liam

Re: stale requests and user clock skew?

Cantor, Scott E.
On 6/29/18, 5:16 PM, "users on behalf of Liam Hoekenga" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

> Can the time on the user's workstation affect the timestamps in a SAML conversation?

Nope.