shibpid Table used by the Stored ID Data Connector in SQLSrvr

shibpid Table used by the Stored ID Data Connector in SQLSrvr

jsinclair
I can't create the shibpid table in SQL Server using the examples provided in the documentation.
CREATE TABLE shibpid
(
    localEntity VARCHAR2(1024) NOT NULL ENABLE,
    peerEntity VARCHAR2(1024) NOT NULL ENABLE,
    principalName VARCHAR2(255) NOT NULL ENABLE,
    localId VARCHAR2(255) NOT NULL ENABLE,
    persistentId VARCHAR2(36) NOT NULL ENABLE,
    peerProvidedId VARCHAR2(255),
    creationDate TIMESTAMP,
    deactivationDate TIMESTAMP
)

SQL Server doesn't allow two timestamp datatype columns, I tried changing one to datetime but now I'm receiving this error in idp-process.log

ERROR [edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.resolver.provider.dataConnector.StoredIDDataConnector:205] - [TP-Processor3:] - Database error retrieving persistent identifier
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]The specified SQL type is not supported by this driver.

How should the shibpid table be structured in SQL Server so I can use it for the Stored Data Connector.

Thanks,
Dave
Ian

Re: shibpid Table used by the Stored ID Data Connector in SQLSrvr

Ian
Hi

Did you get an answer to this as I am trying to do the same thing?

Thanks

Ian

RE: shibpid Table used by the Stored ID Data Connector in SQLSrvr

jsinclair

Hey Ian,

Yeah. I changed the creationDate and deactivationDate datatypes from timestamp to datetime.

That did the trick.

Thanks,

Dave