saml-nameid persistentId encoding setting

saml-nameid persistentId encoding setting

Brian Biggs
Hi,

I'm updating my configs from 3.3.2 to 3.3.3 and I noticed a new config
setting in the saml-nameid.properties file:

# BASE64 will match V2 values, we recommend BASE32 encoding for new
installs.
idp.persistentId.encoding = BASE32

This may have been in prior releases as well and I just missed it.

My question is, since I have not been setting this, what is the default
behavior?
I want to ensure that if I add it, I set it properly so that the values
I'm already passing are not changed.

Thanks,
-Brian

--
Lead IdM/IdP/Systems Integration
Information Technology

RE: saml-nameid persistentId encoding setting

Cantor, Scott E.
> My question is, since I have not been setting this, what is the default behavior?

The wiki documents that, see NameIDGenerationConfiguration

> I want to ensure that if I add it, I set it properly so that the values I'm already
> passing are not changed.

Not setting it is guaranteed by our versioning policy to result in the same outcome since it cannot be present after an upgrade.