missing attribute on the ResourceBackedMetadataProvider type

missing attribute on the ResourceBackedMetadataProvider type

Tom Scavo
The documentation [1] claims that the following attribute exists:

MetadataProvider[@xsi:type="ResourceBackedMetadataProvider"]/@resourceRef

but AFAICT this attribute is not defined by the schema. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tom

[1] https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/CAMnAQ

RE: missing attribute on the ResourceBackedMetadataProvider type

Rod Widdowson
IIRC:

Deprecated.  Not interesting.  Resource anything is V2 speak (and it was deprecated in V2.last)

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 8:15 AM, Rod Widdowson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> The documentation [1] claims that the following attribute exists:
>>
>> MetadataProvider[@xsi:type="ResourceBackedMetadataProvider"]/@resourceRef
>>
>> but AFAICT this attribute is not defined by the schema. What am I missing?
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/CAMnAQ
>
> Deprecated.  Not interesting.  Resource anything is V2 speak (and it was deprecated in V2.last)

That suggests that ResourceBackedMetadataProvider is not used much, if
at all. In any case, I just removed a large swath of misleading
documentation.

Thanks much,

Tom

RE: missing attribute on the ResourceBackedMetadataProvider type

Cantor, Scott E.
> That suggests that ResourceBackedMetadataProvider is not used much, if at
> all. In any case, I just removed a large swath of misleading documentation.

We deprecated specific uses of it (File, HTTP) and we deprectated the SVN resource type, so it's all but totally deprecated now in any historical use case, it's mostly left as an extension point since it lets somebody build a fairly customized metadata source with only a Spring Resource subclass.