gnu make allowed

csross
I understand that I must use SUN cc insteak of gcc.  Nothing is mentioned about gnu make.  Can I use it instead of the make in /usr/ccs/bin/?

Thank you

RE: gnu make allowed

Cantor, Scott E.
[hidden email] wrote on 2009-06-16:
> I understand that I must use SUN cc insteak of gcc.  Nothing is mentioned
> about gnu make.  Can I use it instead of the make in /usr/ccs/bin/?

Probably. In some cases it might even be required, I don't know.

Re: gnu make allowed

Bell D.
Scott Cantor wrote:
> Probably. In some cases it might even be required, I don't know.

When compiling the Shibboleth 2.1 SP under Solaris 10 I had to use SUN
cc and GNU make for all of the dependencies and Shibboleth itself. I do
not believe that SUN make worked so I settled on gmake for all of it.

Cheers,

David

RE: gnu make allowed

Cantor, Scott E.
David Bell wrote on 2009-06-16:
> Scott Cantor wrote:
>> Probably. In some cases it might even be required, I don't know.
>
> When compiling the Shibboleth 2.1 SP under Solaris 10 I had to use SUN
> cc and GNU make for all of the dependencies and Shibboleth itself. I do
> not believe that SUN make worked so I settled on gmake for all of it.

Thanks, I'll make a note of it in the wiki.

-- Scott