free open source software

Shawnturner
Hello,

I am new to this and looking around for help . I tried most of the FOSS intended for animation, and i have to say i'm quite unsatisfied, can't blame the developers because is free open source software, if i ever dare to they would provably tell me to gto and that the source is open for whenever i want to give it a try.  I wouldn't like to pay for something i wouldn't be using if someday, something in Wine core changes leaving my program useless until a hit of luck solves the problem again. any suggestions are welcome and i know is not an easy question, if by now something that good existed, i provably would have noticed itI went through many resources and also checked many 2d animation company examples but did not find any solution.Please help me out.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.