child elements on the DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider type

child elements on the DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider type

Tom Scavo
For documentation purposes, what is the default value of the following
attribute?

MetadataProvider[@xsi:type="DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider"]/Template/@encoded

Btw, why isn't the above String-valued attribute defined as a Boolean attribute?

Thanks,

Tom

RE: child elements on the DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider type

Rod Widdowson
> Btw, why isn't the above String-valued attribute defined as a Boolean attribute?

Property replacement.  <Element booleanAttr="%{idp.booleans.value}" />

RE: child elements on the DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider type

> For documentation purposes, what is the default value of the following
> attribute?
>
> MetadataProvider[@xsi:type="DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider"]/Template/@encoded

true

FWIW velocityEngine defau;ts to  "shibboleth.VelocityEngine"

Re: child elements on the DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider type

Tom Scavo
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Rod Widdowson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> For documentation purposes, what is the default value of the following
>> attribute?
>>
>> MetadataProvider[@xsi:type="DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider"]/Template/@encoded
>
> true
>
> FWIW    velocityEngine defau;ts to  "shibboleth.VelocityEngine"

Thanks Rod. When you get a chance, will you check my work?
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/o4AgAQ

Btw, I replaced <security:TrustEngine> with <TLSTrustEngine> on the
MetadataConfiguration page [1] since this aligns with the rest of the
docs as well as the schema. Can you check this too?

Thanks,

Tom

[1] https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/x/8YAOAQ

RE: child elements on the DynamicHTTPMetadataProvider type

Rod Widdowson
> Btw, I replaced <security:TrustEngine> with <TLSTrustEngine> on the
> MetadataConfiguration page [1] since this aligns with the rest of the
> docs as well as the schema. Can you check this too?

No.  That <TrustEngine> is deprecated and is about the Signature Filter.  It's a legacy from V2 RelyParty Syntax.  The
<TLSTrustEngine> is only relevant to the two HTTP providers.

I'll remove that from the documentation, add it to the deprecation pages and change the code appropriately.

> Thanks Rod. When you get a chance, will you check my work?

I'd actually prefer not to right now or I'll get code blind.  The easiest way to get  this reviewed would be to let the list know
when you are done and what pages changed, then I/we can go over the documentation against the code.

Thanks