Web Service Response

MS2

Web Service Response

MS2
Hi All,

I am new to Shibboleth and am working on getting our .net click once apps to work correctly within a Shibboleth protected environment.

The clickonce apps are launched from a portal that sits in the shibboleth protected folder. When launching the app, a web service is called to get the permissions from our user database (we are only using shibboleth for authentication not authorisation as we have custom methids for this)

The problem I am having is that the launch of the app fails saying the response of the web service was:

"<HTML><BODY>Redirecting...</BODY></HTML>"

I am guessing that Shibboleth is redirecting me back to the web service after it is happy that I am authenticated, but we are actually receiving the above response rather than the values from the web service method we are calling.

I have manually browsed to our webservice within the shibboleth protected folder, and I can get the correct values back..it seems to be a problem when it is done as part of the clickonce launch process.

If anyone has any ideas what the problem could be, I would love to hear them! Like I said, I am knew to Shibboleth (been using it 2 days now), so as much information as possible would be really appreciated!!

Thanks.

Re: Web Service Response

Jorge
Hi MS2

I know it has been two years. I am really new with Shibboleth and I am also getting exactly the same problem.

I have been testing the single sign on with Shibboleth and is working fine when I access directly the webService. (For example, https://lonfp2/secure/XXXXWs/Ws.asmx ). And the webmethods respond fine.

However, the web application is trying to consume web methods and for some reason is not working. (for example, https://lonfp2/secure/XXXXAPP/Default.aspx trying to consume web methods from  https://lonfp2/secure/XXXXWs/Ws.asmx )

The error is:

[WebException: The request failed with the error message:
--
<HTML><BODY>Redirecting...</BODY></HTML>
--.]

Have you found a solution for this???? Can anyone in this forum help???? Many Thanks

Re: Web Service Response

irene.ponce
Hi all.

I know this an old post, but i've exactly the same problem. I've looked for information, but I don't find a solution. I'm almost sure about the system is redirecting to the shibbolet login, but i don't how to avoid, because the user is already logged in

I tested changing web service proxy configuration, to allow redirections (proxyWs.AllowAutoRedirect = true;) in web service calling, but it didn't work (error: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel).
I tried too, passing headers and cookies to the web service proxy but it didn't work neither.

I dont know what I must to do. Maybe pass shibboleth session cookies? or tokens? change IIS settings?

Please, any idea? I'm absolutely lost

Many thanks in advance.