Using a custom IdP compiled from source

roberto.pierpaoli
Hi all,
I am really new to this forum, I hope my question will not sound silly, in case please be patient.

I have checked-out the IdP maven projet from the official repos and, after applying some customizations, I have build a brand new jar (shibboleth-identityprovider-2.2.0-custom.jar) to be substituted to the original jar inside the idp.war.
My question is: could it be a problem to use such a custom 2.2.0 jar in place of the original 2.1.5 one?
I mean, despite of my customizations, that of course could compromise the correct functioning of the component, could there be any version-related issue?...

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.