Unittest testXMLWithBlacklists

César Bernardini

Hi,

I was running the OpenSAML 2.6.1's samltest-unittest-binary and I found that one of the unittests is failing: testXMLWithBlacklists.

It seems that the test requires the file (samltest/data/saml2/metadata/InCommon-metadata.xml) that contains the following information:

<!-- To run tests, download from http://wayf.incommonfederation.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml -->

The download URL is not available (at least from my domain). How can I retrieve this XML data?

Another test is trying to access (http://URL.TO.EXAMPLE/ORG/InCommon-metadata.xml). Do I need to register a special host name for URL.TO.EXAMPLE in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Barracuda Networks AG
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/ Chairman of the supervisory board: Dr. Klaus Perktold
Vorstand/ Executive Board: Dr. Klaus Gheri, Mag. Guenter Klausner
Sitz der Gesellschaft/ Registered office: 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Handelsgericht Innsbruck Firmenbuch/ Registration Number: 184392s
UID-Nr/ VAT Number: ATU47509003

Zweigniederlassung Deutschland/ Office Germany: Radlkoferstr. 2, 81373 München
Handelsregister München / Registration Number: HRB 171749
UID-Nr/ VAT Number: DE237607533

Learn how to protect users, data, and applications with security engineered for the public cloud by Barracuda. http://barracuda.com

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachments to it contain confidential and proprietary material of Barracuda, its affiliates or agents, and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.

  ­­

Re: Unittest testXMLWithBlacklists

Tom Scavo
On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 7:08 AM, César Bernardini
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was running the OpenSAML 2.6.1's samltest-unittest-binary and I found that
> one of the unittests is failing: testXMLWithBlacklists.
>
> It seems that the test requires the file
> (samltest/data/saml2/metadata/InCommon-metadata.xml) that contains the
> following information:
>
> <!-- To run tests, download from
> http://wayf.incommonfederation.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml -->
>
> The download URL is not available (at least from my domain). How can I
> retrieve this XML data?

The correct location is:

http://md.incommon.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml

You should probably file an issue to have that changed.

> Another test is trying to access
> (http://URL.TO.EXAMPLE/ORG/InCommon-metadata.xml). Do I need to register a
> special host name for URL.TO.EXAMPLE in order to make it work?

No, I doubt it. Maybe someone else can provide further instructions.

HTH,

Tom

RE: Unittest testXMLWithBlacklists

> I was running the OpenSAML 2.6.1's samltest-unittest-binary and I found that
> one of the unittests is failing: testXMLWithBlacklists.

The tests are for internal use only.

RE: Unittest testXMLWithBlacklists

Rod Widdowson
> > I was running the OpenSAML 2.6.1's samltest-unittest-binary and I found that
> > one of the unittests is failing: testXMLWithBlacklists.
>
> The tests are for internal use only.

Also 2.6.1 dates from December 2013.  It is totally out of date and it and its dependants will be subject to multiple security
advisories.