Shibboleth with local Silverlight app

Herriott, Cascade

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has set up Shibboleth to work on a local Silverlight application?

If so, care to elaborate on how that’s done?

Thanks,

-Cascade

Re: Shibboleth with local Silverlight app

Peter Schober
* Herriott, Cascade <[hidden email]> [2018-05-10 19:42]:
> Wondering if anyone has set up Shibboleth to work on a local
> Silverlight application?

Ignoring the state of that technology ...

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Silverlight
  "Microsoft Silverlight (or simply Silverlight) is a deprecated[6]
  application framework [...]  Microsoft announced the end of life of
  Silverlight 5 in 2012."

That probably depends on the details of the application.
I'm assuming it needs access to attributes, e.g. to establish the
identity of the subject? Otherwise it would be like hosting static
files.
Is the application under your control, i.e., can you add features to
it? If so then I guess it may not be all that different from a
client-side JavaScript application, in which case some of the things
discussed the recent thread
http://shibboleth.net/pipermail/users/2018-April/039942.html
may be helpful. (E.g. have the application check a shib-protected
endpoint on the web server that provides the application with its
data; once the session expires the app can trap the changed HTTP
status code and act accordingly.)