Shibboleth Idp on windows seerver

Adi

Shibboleth Idp on windows seerver

Adi
Hi there,

Can you someone helping installing Idp on windows server please?
It seems really complicated :( I have followed a few tutorials but without any success.
Basically I already have installed SP on windows, I followed https://www.testshib.org/ but not insted of calling for testshid.org I want to create my own...How can I do that?

thank you

Re: Shibboleth Idp on windows seerver

zhangwei
1. Download the msi installer.

2. Most import you should install your idp in C:\opt\shibboleth-idp, if you installed it in other place, I suggest you change it to c:\opt

3. In installing, you should install jetty as well. And add  IDP_HOME to your windows environment.

4. After instatll, you should modify the war in C:\opt\shibboleth-idp\war before you start your sever. Add below code in the begining of web.xml
<context-param>
        <param-name>idp.home</param-name>
        <param-value>C:/opt/shibboleth-idp</param-value>
</context-param>

5. Now you could start your server in command line, open your cmd.
cd  C:\opt\shibboleth-idp\jetty_base
java -jar ../../jetty/start.jar  (ps: my jetty is placed in C:\opt\jetty, you could change the path to your jetty start.jar)

6. After completed staring, you could access http://localhost/idp/profile/status to check if it is successful,
good luck