Shibboleth IP Authentication with HTTP header variable as username

Shibboleth IP Authentication with HTTP header variable as username

Peter Plymouth
Hi,

I would like to implement a Shibboleth Idp with an authentication-mechanism based on the IP-address of the requestor.

In the documentation (https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPAuthIP), I found the following syntax:
<LoginHandler xsi:type="IPAddress" username="ip-user" defaultDeny="true">
    <AuthenticationMethod>urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:InternetProtocol</AuthenticationMethod>
    <IPEntry>192.168.0.0/16</IPEntry>
</LoginHandler>

Now I would like that the username gets picked up from a HTTP-header variable "MyUserName", which is snet by the requestor.

Can anyone pinpoint to me how this can be done ?

Kind regards,

Peter