Shibboleth IDP quick test showing 500 error, Apache Tomcat 7.0

Shibboleth IDP quick test showing 500 error, Apache Tomcat 7.0

vikasK
Hi,

Steps:
1. I have installed apache tomcat server 7.0 on my windows 8 machine.
2. Installed shibboleth Idp package on the same machine.
3. Deployed idp.war on apache server.
4. Placed below tag in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml
<Connector port="8443"
           protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
           sslImplementationName="edu.internet2.middleware.security.tomcat7.DelegateToApplicationJSSEImplementation"
           SSLEnabled="true"
           scheme="https"
           secure="true"
           maxPostSize="100000"
           clientAuth="want"
           keystoreFile="IDP_HOME/credentials/idp.jks"
           keystorePass="PASSWORD"
           sslProtocol="TLS" />

5. Trying to check http://Hostname/idp/status and http://Hostname/idp/profile/status. But getting 500 error.
PFB screenshot of error

I am not a Java guy, please guide me what should I have to check and modify.

Re: Shibboleth IDP quick test showing 500 error, Apache Tomcat 7.0

tgfofp
Hi vikasK,

I saw your question posted on another site, but since i would only like to help (not get paid for) , i would only like to help if I can .

I saw this post about the error you're getting :
http://www.mkyong.com/jsf2/java-lang-classnotfoundexception-javax-servlet-jsp-jstl-core-config/

, and also there is a bug open for this in:
https://issues.shibboleth.net/jira/browse/IDP-530?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel .

And about the error in general and when it's happening in Java :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34413/why-am-i-getting-a-noclassdeffounderror-in-java

So from all this :
" Solution
By default, Tomcat container doesn’t contain any jstl library. To fix it, declares jstl.jar in your Maven pom.xml file.

  <dependency>
        <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
        <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
        <version>1.2</version>
  </dependency> "

Hope, I helped you solve this issue (even with only pointing you to the right posts)  !

tgfofp