Shibb IdP2 - Authenticating User

Aaron Weise
I am implementing an IdP in our college - have a question for the seson veterans.

I will not be able to use the login module provided with the IdP (passwords are encrypted & certain account attributes have to be pulled, via web services, from SAP) - the gist of it is I will need to write a custom login module from scratch, which authenticates user, and pulls their attributes, and subsequently relay them to the IdP.

I have read the good IdP configuration guide at: https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPConfiguration

Can anyone point me to best path to proceed with writing the, above described, custom module?

Is the best way to use IdPAuthRemoteUser (https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/IdPAuthRemoteUser)?

Thanks.