SP 3.0.1 - IIS - Request Mapper failing on long Path Regex

SP 3.0.1 - IIS - Request Mapper failing on long Path Regex

Igor Miltchman

Hi,

As of the new SP release, the PathRegex appears to fail to establish an SP session within IIS, on RegEx string over 20 characters in length.

In the example below, if the regex is ‘ABCD’ or ‘ABCD/SampleABC10000’,  the path ABCD/SampleABC10000/Testing/Etc redirects to the IdP, but the regex of ‘ABCD/SampleABC10000/Test’ or ‘ABCD/SampleABC10000/Testing/Etc’ doesn’t.

  <RequestMapper type="Native">

        <RequestMap>

            <Host scheme="http" name="servername.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com" port="80">

                <Path name="p">

                    <Path name="fa.aspx" forceAuthn="true" authType="shibboleth" requireSession="true"/>

                    <Path name="sso.aspx" forceAuthn="false" authType="shibboleth" requireSession="true"/>

                </Path>

                <PathRegex regex="ABCD/SampleABC10000/Testing/Etc" caseSensitive="false" forceAuthn="false" authType="shibboleth" requireSession="true"/>

            </Host>

        </RequestMap>

    </RequestMapper>

Everything worked on the initial upgrade, before the IIS configuration was updated.

Thank you,

Igor

RE: SP 3.0.1 - IIS - Request Mapper failing on long Path Regex

Cantor, Scott E.
> As of the new SP release, the PathRegex appears to fail to establish an SP
> session within IIS, on RegEx string over 20 characters in length.

I have a hard time imagining that changing unless something odd took place on the Xerces side (which is not going to be fixable), but be that as it may, you need to file a bug, not send email.

RE: SP 3.0.1 - IIS - Request Mapper failing on long Path Regex

Cantor, Scott E.
> > As of the new SP release, the PathRegex appears to fail to establish
> > an SP session within IIS, on RegEx string over 20 characters in length.

Anecdotally, that is not true with Apache on Windows and so would be unlikely to be any different for IIS, it's the same code. I tested using your explicit example.