SAML2AttributeEncoder problem although properly defined

SAML2AttributeEncoder problem although properly defined

Martin L.
Hello everyone,

after reading and reading the tutorials on the definition and encoding of
attributes I still get the following problem:

11:31:36.451 - DEBUG
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.attribute.provider.ShibbolethSAML2AttributeAuthority:226]
- Attribute persistentId was not encoded because no SAML2AttributeEncoder
was attached to it.

I reentered several definitions out of the wiki and other sources, tested
them but I'm still having this problem although my attribute-resolver.xml is
set (correctly):

<resolver:AttributeDefinition id="persistentId" xsi:type="ad:Simple"
sourceAttributeID="storedId">

<resolver:Dependency ref="sqlStoredId" />

<resolver:AttributeEncoder xsi:type="enc:SAML1StringNameIdentifier"
nameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:nameid-format:persistent" />

<resolver:AttributeEncoder xsi:type="enc:SAML2StringNameID"
nameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent" />

</resolver:AttributeDefinition>

Does someone may give a hint?
Best, Martin

--
Sent from: http://shibboleth.1660669.n2.nabble.com/Shibboleth-Users-f1660767.html

Re: SAML2AttributeEncoder problem although properly defined

Tony Plovich
 From the wiki:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/AttributeEncoderPluginConfiguration

It looks like the encoder types you're using are depreciated. Instead
you should use one of the others in the link above.  Take a look at the
entries for these since they may have required attributes you're not
specifying currently.

If you're trying to specify NameIDs then that's not done in the
attribute resolver anymore:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/NameIDGenerationConfiguration

Tony Plovich