Quantcast

SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party

SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party

Marc Kalberer
Hello,
What that "SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party" , is it something to configure on my side, or do I have to ask something to the "Identity Provider" ?
Thanks,
Marc
--
Programmers.ch
Développement WEB

Re: SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party

Nate Klingenstein
Marc,

For questions like this, you can find out a lot if you start by searching about the problem online.  You could also check the commonly encountered issues part of the Wiki.

You will find a very large number of answers on this one already.

Thanks,
Nate.

On Jul 31, 2014, at 8:07 AM, Marc Kalberer <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

Hello,
What that "SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party" , is it something to configure on my side, or do I have to ask something to the "Identity Provider" ?
Thanks,
Marc
--
Programmers.ch
Développement WEB
Solutions libres et Opensources
Tel: ++41 76 44 888 72
Site: http://www.programmers.ch

Re: SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party

Cantor, Scott E.

>On Jul 31, 2014, at 8:07 AM, Marc Kalberer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>What that "SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party" , is
>it something to configure on my side, or do I have to ask something to
>the "Identity Provider" ?

It's the IdP's problem, generally means they have no metadata for you.

Re: SAML 2 SSO profile is not configured for relying party

* Marc Kalberer <[hidden email]> [2014-07-31 16:27]:
> ;-) I did for sure ... but the wiki definition can be very (very!)
> complex when your mother langage is not english & when you are not
> as confortable as you with "Shibboleth vocabulary"  ...

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/Troubleshooting
Then try "common errors" for both the IDP and the SP, if you're not
sure. The error message will be there verbatim, so language issues
"only" factor into understanding the answer (i.e., the most likely
causes of the error).