Read SAML response returned by the Shibboleth Service provider

Read SAML response returned by the Shibboleth Service provider

spal1910
We have a Tomcat server sitting behind an Apache load balancer. Now Apache Server is configured with Shibboleth service provider to talk to our organization IDP and, the overall SAML SSO set up works and, I also see the SAML cookie being created.

My goal to read and parse the SAML response inside the application residing in the Tomcat server. The Application is written in Spring MVC framework.

My question how do I get the SAML response inside the Spring app? Should it be available as part Http Headers or something like that, as a matter of face request.getParameter("SAMLResponse") retruns null.  Is there any special configuration I need to do inside the Spring application (or) inside the Shibboleth.xml in the Service provider?

Please assist.

Thanks.