REMOTE_USER variable on IIS 7.5 not populating

REMOTE_USER variable on IIS 7.5 not populating

Abhishek Verma123
Hello,

I am trying to achieve single sign on to my Siebel Application using Shibboleth SP-IDP mechanism.

The WebSite is configured on IIS 7.5

Siebel expects REMOTE_USER variable to be carrying UID but REMOTE_USER variable is showing null.

I have checked some post and Shibboleth documentation which suggest HTTP_REMOTE_USER variable will be holding this value.

When I change REMOTE_USER to HTTP_REMOTE_USER to Shibboleth2.xml file, Shibboleth SP Service does not start.

I have also tried checkspoofing=false and safeheaders=false but nothing works.

How to proceed? Any Idea

Thanks
Abhishek