POST Data Preservation

Drew Zebrowski

Hi,

We are in the process of integrating with a cloud-app that interacts with our existing EMR system. The application is using a Ping Identity SP and our Shib IDP for authN which works fine and as expected. The application is designed to accept POST data from the EMR system, which is used to pull up patient information, and this is something they want to appear as seamless as possible to the end-users.

Is it even possible for the IDP to preserve the POST data, or is this specifically an SP function? If it is possible, has anyone done a setup like this on the IDP side and what, if anything, did you have to do on the SP to ensure this data makes its way over to the IDP?

Drew Zebrowski

Senior IDM Engineer

Thomas Jefferson University

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or urgent health care matters.

RE: POST Data Preservation

Cantor, Scott E.
> Is it even possible for the IDP to preserve the POST data, or is this specifically
> an SP function?

Neither, it's up to the application at the end of the day, that's part of integrating SSO (which no app really wants to do, so they don't). SSO modules that work with unmodified apps do some of that sort of thing to make that more palatable but they can only do an imperfect job.

Re: POST Data Preservation

* Drew Zebrowski <[hidden email]> [2018-05-18 16:48]:
> Is it even possible for the IDP to preserve the POST data, or is
> this specifically an SP function?

The IDP recieves SAML protocol requests and provides SAML protocol
IDP at all.