OpenSSL fix to legacy SP branch

Cantor, Scott E.
I confirmed that my opensaml fix to align the legacy code with the newer
code corrects the handshake issue with the UIUC IdP, so I checked that in
and reposted that package this afternoon. I hadn't tagged yet, so this was
easiest, especially with the severity of openssl's problems. I tagged now,
so that closes the books and any other fixes will be follow-on releases.

Re: OpenSSL fix to legacy SP branch

Russ Allbery
"Scott Cantor" <[hidden email]> writes:

> I confirmed that my opensaml fix to align the legacy code with the newer
> code corrects the handshake issue with the UIUC IdP, so I checked that in
> and reposted that package this afternoon. I hadn't tagged yet, so this was
> easiest, especially with the severity of openssl's problems. I tagged now,
> so that closes the books and any other fixes will be follow-on releases.

Argh, two minutes, literally, after I pulled the 1.1.2 release from the
web site to import into the Debian package.  I'll pull up the change
into the Debian OpenSAML package and release a 1.1.2-2 package that
includes the additional patch.

For the future, please don't do this.  Once the tarball goes up on the
web site, please consider it released and increment the version number
for subsequent changes.  Some of us have automated tools that watch for
new releases on the web site and will see it as a release, and it causes
all sorts of problems when there are multiple releases with the same
version number and different code.

--
Russ Allbery ([hidden email])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>