Official support ended for Shibboleth Service Provider on RH/CentOS 5

Official support ended for Shibboleth Service Provider on RH/CentOS 5

Cantor, Scott E.
Just a reminder that with the end of standard support from Red Hat for RHEL5 and CentOS 5, the Shibboleth Project's official support for that platform also has ended.

What this means in practice is that we won't research issues on it, and we can't guarantee that any future version of the SP will build on it or that we will provide packages for it. We will do so unofficially as long as the build continues to function there but we won't test it and if a change is required that involves any effort to make work on 5, we likely won't do it.