Java error at installation

mwiegand@bastyr.edu
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I’m getting the following error everytime I try to run the install.sh shibboleth file:

Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
We cannot execute /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/bin/java/bin/java

I’m installing it on Ubuntu 16.04 with tomcat8.
The JAVA_HOME attribute is set to /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/bin/java
when I echo $JAVA_HOME I get ^
As far as I can tell all my settings are correct.

Can anyone give me any pointers or places to look that might be causing this error?

Thanks

Re: Java error at installation

mwiegand@bastyr.edu
Turns out the JAVA_HOME can't have any more than /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre

any more than that and it errors out adding the double /bin/java at the end of the path when you try to install shibboleth.