Identity Provider and Service Provider in different time zones

Identity Provider and Service Provider in different time zones

csross
I am installing the SP (v2) on a solaris server and it will be used together with an identity provider in another time zone. I believe I read that the times have to be identical on the servers.  Is that correct?  If so, how can I use this application server with IdPs that are possibly in different time zones?  If it was only one then I could just set the timezone file to match it.

Thank you very much.